Experience Arctic wildlife in one of the world’s last great wildernesses like never before. Join one of the incredible Polar Bear and Seal Safaris and explore an unforgettable encounter with some of the planet’s most majestic creatures in their natural environment. From the thrilling sighting of apex predators to the beautiful sight of playful seals, this truly unique safari allows you to check off some of the world’s rarest wildlife encounters from your list!
1. Take a Safari Through Arctic Wilderness – Polar Bears and Seals Await!
For all the wilderness adventures out there, a safari through the heart of the Arctic is a must. Roam the frozen landscape, and you’ll be rewarded with breathtaking views of snow-covered tundra and glimpses of amazing wildlife like polar bears and seals.
Visiting the Arctic
Take a trip to the icy climes of the Arctic and experience nature in its most unadulterated form. Visit in the summer season and you’ll soak up the midnight sun, when the days and nights become one. Venture out in winter, and you’ll marvel at the Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights.
What to Expect
- Frigid temperatures and heavy snow
- Sprawling icy landscapes
- Icebergs and frozen seas
- Abundant wildlife, including seals and polar bears
To get close to many of the Arctic’s creatures, the best way is to book a local cruise. The wildlife of the Arctic is sure to amaze and delight. Spot seals basking on a drift of ice, catch a glimpse of a polar bear lumbering onto a nearby beach, and watch hundreds of birds swooping in for a tasty dinner.
2. Gain Insight Into the Lives of Arctic Wildlife
With Arctic wildlife thriving in one of the most extreme climates on Earth, it’s no wonder why learning about these creatures can be so fascinating. From the hardy polar bears to the whimsical narwhal, discovering the day-to-day lives of Arctic wildlife can provide a wealth of knowledge.
Head Out on the Ice. Take an ice diving voyage to get a firsthand view of Arctic wildlife in their natural habitat. The Arctic Circle is home to a variety of creatures, including seals, whales, reindeer, walruses, and polar bears. Floating along the ice floe in your dry suit is sure to be a remarkable viewpoint.
Visit a Natural Reserve. Tour through a natural reserve to gain a better understanding of Arctic life. Tour guides will be able to explain the history and habits of each species in detail. Learn about the mating habits of Arctic whales, the unique lifestyle of the Arctic fox, and the diet of a walrus.
Investigate Current Issues. Peruse reports and literature related to the current conditions Arctic wildlife face. Consider topics such as global warming, melting sea ice, and oil drilling in the area. Increasingly, human actions are having an impact on the Arctic ecosystem.
- Start by researching basic information about Arctic wildlife.
- Explore a variety of ways to observe and learn about Arctic wildlife.
- Take an ice diving voyage to witness these species in their natural habitat.
- Visit a natural reserve to gain in-depth information about each species.
- Gain insight into the challenges Arctic wildlife face due to changing conditions.
Taking the time to delve into the lives of Arctic wildlife can result in an enlightening experience. With the right steps, gain a better appreciation for these remarkable creatures in their own environment.
3. Explore the Arctic from On-Land or From the Sea
The Arctic is a magical place, surrounded by unending beauty and brimming with wildlife. There are so many ways to explore this magical region, both from on land and from the sea.
- On Land:
From on land, you can experience the Arctic in all its glory and beauty. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can take a guided tour on foot into its expansive interior. There are plenty of animal watching experiences to be had here, such as spotters for polar bears, caribou, and other arctic species. You can also explore the Arctic’s fascinating remoteness, with its vast rustic land, stunning snow-capped mountains, and beautiful glacial bodies.
- From the Sea:
From the sea, one of the best ways to take in the sights is on a boat tour. You can enjoy sightseeing by boat, be it under the midnight sun or during the tranquil winter months, and have a closer look at the unique glaciers of the Arctic region. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to spot the area’s plentiful wildlife, including dolphins, whales, walruses, and more.
It doesn’t matter if you choose to explore the Arctic from on land or from the sea, either way you’re guaranteed for an unforgettable experience that is sure to stay with you long after the journey is over.
4. “Bear and Seal” Watching With Professional Wildlife Guides
The most thrilling wildlife watching experience awaits you! Journey out to Alaska’s icy waters and see two of its most majestic critters – the brown bear and the harbor seal – in their natural habitats with professional wildlife guides.
Come nose-to-nose with a grizzly bear fishing for salmon along the banks of a river or see a huge Kodiak bear do some sunbathing on the beach. You can watch as it forages for clams and crabs, or even follow it as it patrols its territory.
Marvel at the photo-worthy sight of seals frolicking in the water or relaxing on a nearby rock. Learn about each species’ eating habits and territorial boundaries. Witness breathe-taking graphics of nature unfolding before you.
Safety is paramount on these wildlife-watching trips, and our guides will never get too close to the animals. With years of experience and valuable knowledge, our guides are adept at providing you with an unforgettable journey of discovery.
5. A Complete Wildlife Adventure in the Most Natural Setting
If your idea of a great nature holiday is a complete wildlife adventure set in the most natural setting, then your search ends here. From the snow-capped peaks of the glaciers to the leafy, green mountains of the national parks, your wildlife trip promises to be a treat for your eyes and ears. Here are some of the highlights you will experience:
- Encounter with Wild Animals: How often do you get to see wild animals in their natural habitat? Now is your chance to enjoy the thrill of seeing wild bears, bison, elk, and more in their natural environment.
- Camping under the Stars: Grab your sleeping bags and head outdoors – few things compare to camping under a star-filled sky. Gaze up at its twinkling beauty as you listen to the soothing melodies of nature.
- Educational Nature Walks: On this wildlife adventure, you will have the chance to learn more about the environment and its inhabitants. Let experienced guides introduce you to the region and its inhabitants as you walk through the wilderness.
- Breathtaking Views: Stand atop the highest peaks and be spellbound by the sights of the mountains and valleys trailing off into the horizon. It’s a view that lasts a lifetime.
Whether you’re a nature enthusiast or a wildlife photographer, this trip is sure to give you memories to last a lifetime. So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags today and get ready to explore the wild outdoors.
A wilderness journey to the Arctic is an unforgettable experience, whether you’re standing in awe of a Polar Bear in its natural habitat, or listening to the playful chirps of Seals as they bob in the icy waters. Polar Bear and Seal Safaris are a great way to connect with the mammals that call the Arctic home, and to launch an adventure that you’ll never forget.